Sunday, November 1, 2009

Big News and Photo Challenge Day 1

First of all, my *big* news. I am moving my Arabian/Trakehner mare Sophie to Florida! She'll be moving at the end of November when my husband Craig and I make the trip to Ohio to get her. I am very excited to have my horse with me again, even though I won't be riding again until the baby is born. As a result, I have resurrected Sophie's blog, which can be seen here...Sophie's Blog.

Sophie


Now the photo challenge...(and a reminder, click the pictures to see the large versions)...

A equine photographer's group I'm a member of is holding a challenge for the month of November. The point of the challenge is to take a horse related picture every day. Each day will have a theme, that's set forth two days in advance so we have time to scheme. Today's theme was "hair". I am very grateful to Lynne Everest of Brandywine Stables (
click here to see their website!) in West Melbourne, Florida for allowing me to take my pictures for the monthly challenge at her barn. There are some gorgeous horses there and I'm excited to be taking pictures tomorrow, when the them is "environment" because the facilities are gorgeous so tomorrow is going to be a lot of fun! I should also mention that this is where I will be boarding Sophie when she makes her arrival in Florida.

This is the picture I chose to display for the challenge for today.


These pictures are other I took, liked a lot, and wanted to share!










This is a 4 year old Trakehner gelding. He was on his way to a Michelle Gerlach clinic and picking up another horse in the barn. I had the chance to photograph him while he stretched his legs before continuing on to the clinic. Isn't he stunning???








1 comment:

  1. Love the picture you chose for the challenge. He is definitely the hairiest horse in the barn! Too bad we shaved the minis - they were really furry! I am going to send Heidi Welch your blog link so she can view the pictures of Ace. They are beautiful!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete